Attic Energy Efficiency
The right attic upgrades improve home comfort and save you money
The combination of air sealing and attic insulation maximizes energy efficiency.
When you're looking to improve your home's energy efficiency and comfort, the attic should be at the top of your priority list. Insulation and air sealing in the attic have a dramatic effect on the home's overall energy performance, and upgrades in this area can lead to significant savings on heating and cooling costs.
Attic Systems provides complete attic insulation, air sealing, and ductwork solutions to help you improve attic efficiency. Our system is designed to maximize HVAC performance while improving home comfort and health. If you're interested in energy efficiency services for your attic, contact your local dealer today for a consultation and estimate!
How the attic impacts home energy efficiency and comfort
Cellulose insulation can be installed over existing insulation without interfering with your storage area.
About 50% of energy costs are typically attributed to heating and cooling, making it one of the biggest expenses for many homeowners. The attic has a major impact on home efficiency for several reasons:
- Air leaks and drafts between attic and living space
- Air leaks and drafts between attic and outdoors
- Poor or incorrect ventilation
- Insufficient attic insulation
- Uninsulated ductwork in the attic
Even one of these problems will impact your home's efficiency, and many homeowners have issues with several of these key areas. At Attic Systems, we offer several important services to improve attic efficiency.
Best methods for improving attic efficiency
- Air sealing: The first step to improving attic efficiency is air sealing. Your attic is full of gaps and cracks that allows conditioned air to escape from the living space into the attic and unconditioned air to enter from the outside. Sealing these air leaks helps to keep your attic isolated from the outside and keeps conditioned air inside your home.
- Attic insulation: Many attics are lacking proper insulation, which is one of the biggest causes of energy waste and uncomfortable rooms. Raising attic insulation to proper levels prevents heat transfer between the attic and the living space, meaning your HVAC system will run less because conditioned air is being contained in the areas you want to heat and cool.
- Ductwork services: If you have ducts in your attic, they are affected by the extreme hot and cold temperatures that occur in that space. When you try to send cold air through hot ducts or vice versa, the air in the ducts is heated in summer (and cooled in the winter), making it difficult to heat or cool your home. Having ducts in attics is extremely inefficient, which is why duct sealing and duct insulation are smart upgrades for homeowners with ductwork in the attic.
Enjoy improved attic efficiency with air sealing and insulation services
If you're having issues with high heating and cooling costs or uncomfortable rooms and think your attic might be to blame, call Attic Systems today. Our attic insulation experts will help you get a custom solution that solves your home's efficiency problems. Contact your local Attic Systems dealer today to get started with an evaluation and estimate!